Admin portal for my clients to change the design

admin34
42 Posts
admin34 posted this 10 December 2015

I think Themler is a great product. Unfortunately themler has a major drawback this is, if your client wants to do a simple colour change of say the menu, my clients can't do that unless they buy a subscription.

I think if you buy the E commerce or pro THEMLER EDITIONS there should be an admin portal or someway that my clients can change the site I design for them or maybe possibly allow web designers to buy a licence for their clients at a heavily discounted price. For me having to pay for this would not be fair but I could learn to live with this but only if it was something like $20 or less. This site https://themify.me/ enables my clients to change there design and unfortunately unless themler changes this major design flaw, I can't use there software. Unless I ask the client do you need to change your design after I hand it over to you and they say no, then I can use the software, but I don't think many clients will say no to this because I wouldn't.

If you agree with what I said above please vote. Only together can we make a difference and make Themler change their software.

Regards
Allan

I think Themler is a great product. Unfortunately themler has a major drawback this is, if your client wants to do a simple colour change of say the menu, my clients can't do that unless they buy a subscription. I think if you buy the E commerce or pro THEMLER EDITIONS there should be an admin portal or someway that my clients can change the site I design for them or maybe possibly allow web designers to buy a licence for their clients at a heavily discounted price. For me having to pay for this would not be fair but I could learn to live with this but only if it was something like $20 or less. This site https://themify.me/ enables my clients to change there design and unfortunately unless themler changes this major design flaw, I can't use there software. Unless I ask the client do you need to change your design after I hand it over to you and they say no, then I can use the software, but I don't think many clients will say no to this because I wouldn't. If you agree with what I said above please vote. Only together can we make a difference and make Themler change their software. Regards Allan
Vote to pay developers attention to this features or issue.
10 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest
Stagger Lee
1746 Posts
Stagger Lee posted this 10 December 2015

So it is about not satisfied clients with finished design ?
Make a better communication with them.

And charge them again when they have change of minds after one month.

So it is about not satisfied clients with finished design ? Make a better communication with them. And charge them again when they have change of minds after one month.
admin34
42 Posts
admin34 posted this 10 December 2015

So it is about not satisfied clients with finished design ?
Make a better communication with them.

And charge them again when they have change of minds after one month.

No it's not about clients being satisfied it's about giving clients Choices.
So you don't agree that we should have a backend for clients to change there menu colour? When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me Themler needs to be adaptable.

> So it is about not satisfied clients with finished design ? > Make a better communication with them. > > And charge them again when they have change of minds after one month. No it's not about clients being satisfied it's about giving clients Choices. So you don't agree that we should have a backend for clients to change there menu colour? When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me Themler needs to be adaptable.
Marco
157 Posts
Marco posted this 10 December 2015

why customers should make changes in DESIGN themself??
This is - sry - bullshit...

If a customer wants to change designbased things - he has to ask me for again - and pay for that again...
@Stagger Lee is absolute correct in his opinion, and i agree with him...

regards

why customers should make changes in DESIGN themself?? This is - sry - bullshit... If a customer wants to change designbased things - he has to ask me for again - and pay for that again... @Stagger Lee is absolute correct in his opinion, and i agree with him... regards
Marco
157 Posts
Marco posted this 10 December 2015

When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me

if they come with arguments like that to you - you made all wrong and should change your job...

> When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me if they come with arguments like that to you - you made all wrong and should change your job...
Stagger Lee
1746 Posts
Stagger Lee posted this 10 December 2015

No it's not about clients being satisfied it's about giving clients Choices.
So you don't agree that we should have a backend for clients to change there menu colour? When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me Themler needs to be adaptable.

But OK, I can understand your reasoning.
It is called WordPress Customizer and is deactivated in Themler themes. There is a reason for this, Themler gives you things "Themify" can just dream of. All is native CSS, not inline CSS, or with !important declaration, as Themify must have.
I wont vote because I believe voting matters, and it can take time from developers for things I need most now. As styling Views in Drupal, etc...

You are OK, your request is OK. We just chit-chating.

> No it's not about clients being satisfied it's about giving clients Choices. > So you don't agree that we should have a backend for clients to change there menu colour? When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me Themler needs to be adaptable. > > But OK, I can understand your reasoning. It is called WordPress Customizer and is deactivated in Themler themes. There is a reason for this, Themler gives you things "Themify" can just dream of. All is native CSS, not inline CSS, or with !important declaration, as Themify must have. I wont vote because I believe voting matters, and it can take time from developers for things I need most now. As styling Views in Drupal, etc... You are OK, your request is OK. We just chit-chating.
admin34
42 Posts
admin34 posted this 10 December 2015

When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me

if they come with arguments like that to you - you made all wrong and should change your job...

I understand that we could get more money when they want to change something on their site. Unfortunately themify is not the only business that allows people to change their design you only have to look on http://codecanyon.net/ to see that.

If themler doesn't give us the chance to give our clients choices then I think themler is missing an opportunity.

It is simple if you don't give clients choices your clients will not use your services. Why do we use Themler because it is give us lots of choices. Why should we give our clients less choices? Aren't we in the business of helping our clients and not just helping ourselves. It is a win win for everybody the client gets a choice and we keep our clients happy which in turn will give us more business from them.

I'm not trying to change your mind. For me I like to have choices that is the reason I use Themler.

> > When they can buy a theme from https://themify.me > > if they come with arguments like that to you - you made all wrong and should change your job... I understand that we could get more money when they want to change something on their site. Unfortunately themify is not the only business that allows people to change their design you only have to look on http://codecanyon.net/ to see that. If themler doesn't give us the chance to give our clients choices then I think themler is missing an opportunity. It is simple if you don't give clients choices your clients will not use your services. Why do we use Themler because it is give us lots of choices. Why should we give our clients less choices? Aren't we in the business of helping our clients and not just helping ourselves. It is a win win for everybody the client gets a choice and we keep our clients happy which in turn will give us more business from them. I'm not trying to change your mind. For me I like to have choices that is the reason I use Themler.
Linkebel
129 Posts
Linkebel posted this 10 December 2015

Hi,

I understand your point of view, but I do not think that giving the choice is good for the customer, to each his profession and their is not to make website.

Hi, I understand your point of view, but I do not think that giving the choice is good for the customer, to each his profession and their is not to make website.
Stagger Lee
1746 Posts
Stagger Lee posted this 10 December 2015

Additional problem is it would open Pandora's box of new feature requests. All different people would like to have different options.
But vote if you need it.

Additional problem is it would open Pandora's box of new feature requests. All different people would like to have different options. But vote if you need it.
Marco
157 Posts
Marco posted this 11 December 2015

It is simple if you don't give clients choices your clients will not use your services.

I dont know, how long you´re in that business, but giving customers too much choices, the time will come and they will dont need you any longer.
Im surely no bastard, but if customer wants to change something or he is familar with, he will not come to an agency, he will go directly to themeforrest, etc...
So - i dont think it´s needed. absolutely not.
I have to pay my monthly bills with that business. for more about 16 years. And no. Ill not give this choice to my customer. If I do so, I´ve lost...
thats MY optinion.

> It is simple if you don't give clients choices your clients will not use your services. I dont know, how long you´re in that business, but giving customers too much choices, the time will come and they will dont need you any longer. Im surely no bastard, but if customer wants to change something or he is familar with, he will not come to an agency, he will go directly to themeforrest, etc... So - i dont think it´s needed. absolutely not. I have to pay my monthly bills with that business. for more about 16 years. And no. Ill not give this choice to my customer. If I do so, I´ve lost... thats MY optinion.
admin34
42 Posts
admin34 posted this 12 December 2015

I dont know, how long you´re in that business, but giving customers too much choices, the time will come and they will dont need you any longer.
Im surely no bastard, but if customer wants to change something or he is familar with, he will not come to an agency, he will go directly to themeforrest, etc...
So - i dont think it´s needed. absolutely not.
I have to pay my monthly bills with that business. for more about 16 years. And no. Ill not give this choice to my customer. If I do so, I´ve lost...
thats MY optinion.

Wordpress and other CMS sites were also supposed to be the end of of web designers and developers and it wasn't. The reason we will always have work is because business owners and professional people a like don't have time to learn about web design.

I have a client right now that has a Wix site and now wants more freedom. So I'm designing a site in WordPress. I love Wix because it gets people wanting a website it suxs them in then when they realise that Wix does not give them enough choices they come to people like me and you for those choices we shouldn't be scared of giving our clients choices.

We will always have a role to play, it will change but we will always have work.

> I dont know, how long you´re in that business, but giving customers too much choices, the time will come and they will dont need you any longer. > Im surely no bastard, but if customer wants to change something or he is familar with, he will not come to an agency, he will go directly to themeforrest, etc... > So - i dont think it´s needed. absolutely not. > I have to pay my monthly bills with that business. for more about 16 years. And no. Ill not give this choice to my customer. If I do so, I´ve lost... > thats MY optinion. Wordpress and other CMS sites were also supposed to be the end of of web designers and developers and it wasn't. The reason we will always have work is because business owners and professional people a like don't have time to learn about web design. I have a client right now that has a Wix site and now wants more freedom. So I'm designing a site in WordPress. I love Wix because it gets people wanting a website it suxs them in then when they realise that Wix does not give them enough choices they come to people like me and you for those choices we shouldn't be scared of giving our clients choices. We will always have a role to play, it will change but we will always have work.
You must log in or register to leave comments